Friday, September 4, 2015

Day 20: Best of Britain

Note to self - 'healthy' versions of tasty baked goods are less than tasty. Chickpeas are not an adequate substitute for butter. Dang! I had high hopes but it confirmed my fears. Not good!!! Bummer. Maybe I'll make some good old fashioned butter-full brownies. It probably isn't helping my cravings that I've discovered the great British bake off. So many tasty looking baked goods.

I spent the rest of the day channeling my British side in other ways. I took an all day workshop focusing on the RP (Received Pronunciation) accent. Posh British basically. There wasn't anything revelatory, but it was good practice. We got to spend the afternoon reading through Private Lives, which I loved. It's such a fun and clever piece of theatre. I'd love to get a chance to work on it in full at some point. But I do think that while I am living in the UK it is highly unlikely that I'll get a chance to play those sorts of roles. But you never know! I am hoping that when we do move back to the states (eventually?) I'll own all the British characters. I'll have the best accent in town.

I'm glad to be home on the couch now. It's been a hectic couple of days, which has been good. And social time tomorrow, which I am very excited about. Theatre tickets and then hopefully sharing a bottle of wine, or three with one of my favorite people. And to top it all off, Will is home tomorrow night. Well, early Sunday morning. He just missed our anniversary by a matter of hours. Hopefully we'll get to celebrate when he is home. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment