Saturday, September 5, 2015

Day 21: Milestones

One year ago today, my husband and I got in to a helicopter and flew down the Vegas strip. While aloft we made promises to each other, and when we landed we were husband and wife. It was an incredible day. Several months later, in May to be precise, we had an official wedding - with all of our friends and family. The day was incredible, and we were so wonderfully happy. But that helicopter in Vegas, that was the real beginning. That was something special. It was just the two of us, being there for each other. It was really special.

Right now, will is somewhere in the air, on his way back to the UK. He will get back slightly after our anniversary (according to the UK time zone) but if you go by Vegas time, he'll be back well before the end of the day.

It's incredible to think that it has been an entire year. It has certainly been an eventful one. The first few months of our marriage we lived in separate countries. Then once our paperwork was approved and I was allowed to move back to the UK, Will was on a training course and it would have been impractical. So in the past year we've lived apart, Will has trained on a new aircraft, I have moved to the UK and we've started a new life together. We moved in to a new flat, I signed with a new agent, and we've had all sorts of new things thrown our way.

I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love that man. He is amazing. And I love what we are together. We each make each other better, more than we are alone. And it's awesome. I couldn't ask for anyone better.

On a less momentous note - today is the 21st day of both my writing and my self taping. Three weeks of each. They say it takes 21 days to make a habit. So here we are. Let's hope they stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment