Monday, August 31, 2015

Day 16: Audition Prep

Today I brought out my inner New Yorker. For my recall on Thursday they've asked us to bring in a New York or New Jersey accent. So I've been doing my research and learning that classic (mostly dying out) New York sound. It's been rather fun.

In the past I haven't taped my audition prep, so today was a first. It was interesting to watch. I think I'll keep doing it, but it wont be the only thing that I rely on. Part of why I taped it was that Will is out of town, and I usually make watch my auditions before I go in. So since he isn't here right now, I sent the audition to him. He wont have a chance to watch it until tomorrow with time differences and terrible internet. So I'll just have to wait to get his feedback.

I am looking forward to this audition. And I am trying not to get too invested. This is always difficult. But I am trying to take the advice from friday's workshop to heart. Confidence is key. I know that I can do this, and I know that I am right for the show. I just need to walk in there and remind them how awesome I am. They've already seen me once. And clearly they liked what they saw, enough to have me come back. So I just need to hold on to that.

Also I am looking forward to rocking the 60's look again! I was definitely encouraged to start doing this more often. Maybe its time for some thrift shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment